Proverbs 3:5&6

Proverbs 3:5&6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

China Update


China has proved to be very interesting, challenging, and quite the experience. On one of James' days off he was able to visit some of the outline areas. In the picture above he is actually traveling via boat to a small villiage where he did some shopping and food sampeling. James is staying in a hotel in Shanghai that has most of the comforts of western civilization, it even has a few american tv channels.

Shanghai is about 10 times the size of New York City, growing up in New York has given him some tips on how to cope in a large city. James says their subway system is amazing! It is a high speed train. What would take our subway hours only take minutes there because it travels at unbelieveable speed! James usually drives in to work but sometimes does have to take the train. I am so glad James has a driver to take him to work each day, I hear the traffic is wall to wall cars! It takes anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours for him to get from his hotel to work. This makes for a 12 hour day!

James said the food has been great. He's enjoyed alot of different kinds of foods like frog & jellyfish. Check out the picture above, it doesn't look like our chinese food, does it?
Rumor has it that he may be home sooner than planned:)
I hope so, we miss him lots!
He says to say, "Hello" to everyone and "Thanks for all your prayers and support".

3 comments:

  1. I bet that they don't have any tacos or burritos. James, more pics it is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...was that WORMS on his plate?? And I agree, more pictures!!! Too cool to see that part of the world! :)
    The Monnin's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice the Hawaiian shirt in China. Thanks for the pics James, we are enjoying them. I see the women over there run the transporation too. Come home soon, Gram

    ReplyDelete